Three options of health insurance in 2014
- Offer a fully insured plan through either: A SHOP exchange or the Traditional Market
- Offer an ASO plan, if allowed by state law.
- Stop offering coverage and let employees buy an individual plan through the exchange or the traditional market.
Subsidies for small employers
Tax credits will increase for employers with 25 or fewer employees (with an average wage of less than $50,000 a year) who offer coverage through the exchange.
- The credit will cover up to 50% of the employers cost (35% for small nonprofit organizations)
- Employers will be eligible for credits in the first two years they offer coverage through an exchange.
- Credits decrease on a sliding scale as group size and employee wages increase
Our staff has been certified and trained to educate you about the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare). Call us and we will guide you through this process.